Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses in the country and the world. In America alone, more than 16 million American adults cope with the symptoms of depression every year. Nowadays, many patients opt to Remedy depression with cannabis products. Discover why and how it may help you.
What Is Depression?
Also called clinical depression or major depressive disorder (MDD), depression is a mental health and mood disorder characterized by persistent episodes of sadness, lethargy, loneliness, and even thoughts of suicide.
While depression is one of the most common mental illnesses, and often treatable, many resist treatment because of the stigmatization still surrounding depression and other mental illnesses. MDD causes people to lose pleasure in their daily lives and can also complicate or exacerbate other medical conditions.
What causes depression?
Physicians have long-established a variety of factors that can contribute to the development of depression or the occurrence of a depressive episode.
Factors in developing depression include:
- Biological predisposition
- Cognitive issues like negative perceptions or low-self esteem
- Women are more likely to experience symptoms of depression
- Co-occurrence with other illnesses or disorders
- Medications can cause depressive episodes as a side effect
- Genetic predisposition and environmental factors
- Traumatic life experiences
Different kinds of depression
Although MDD and Persistent depressive disorder are the most common forms of depression, other forms of depression include:
- Perinatal depression
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Psychotic depression
- Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder
- Premenstrual dysmorphic disorder
- Bipolar disorder
Signs and symptoms of depression to watch out for:
While a persistent feeling of sadness or despair acts as aspects of depression, it is only one small aspect of the illness. Symptoms and signs of depression to watch out for include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or emptiness
- An overwhelming sense of hopelessness or pessimism
- Feeling guilty, worthless, or helpless
- Losing interest or pleasure from hobbies or activities you’ve previously enjoyed
- Lethargy, fatigue, or feeling “slowed down”
- Experiencing difficulty concentrating, remembering, and making decisions
- Irregular sleep patterns, including insomnia, waking up too early and oversleeping
- Rapid changes in appetite or weight
- Suicide ideation or attempts
- Chronic restlessness or irritability
- Systemic pains, soreness, headaches, cramps, and even digestive problems that seem to be without a clear physical cause or are unresponsive to medical intervention
Even with a diagnosis, treating depression can take years before some patients feel progress.
Endocannabinoid depletion and depression
In 2014, researchers from the University of Buffalo’s Institute on Addiction found that depletion of endocannabinoids existed in stress-exposed rats.
Although our knowledge about the body’s endocannabinoid system is still in its infancy, findings like this validate the anecdotal evidence we’ve heard from countless patients, advocates, and healthcare professionals.
Both as an alternative to harmful or addictive pharmaceuticals and as an integrative therapy for other disorders like anxiety, insomnia, or chronic pain, remedying depression with cannabis has become the therapy of choice for many medical marijuana patients.
Depression and Cannabis
If you seek to Remedy depression with cannabis or cannabis-infused products, consult with a healthcare professional about your treatment options.
While not a state-approved medical marijuana condition in Nevada, comorbid disorders like chronic pain or nausea do qualify as medical marijuana conditions.
Talk to a budtender about what kind of cannabis dosing experience you’d like. Remedying depression with cannabis will provide effects like an elevated mood, feelings of euphoria, increased energy, and increased appetite.
Remedying depression with Las Vegas craft cannabis strains
As premier cultivators, our Remedies come in a variety of strains, strengths, and dosing options for patients and everyday consumers alike. If you live in Nevada, try remedying yourself with cannabis strains and products crafted to uplift and elevate.
Remedy cannabis strains to try for depression:
When it comes to marijuana for depression, patients have more options than just traditional flower. From tinctures, cannabis concentrates, and even oil syringes, dosing for therapeutic reasons is easier than ever.
Stop by a dispensary for a new you
New to cannabis Remedies? Visit one of many premium dispensary partners. They have some of our best remedies for depression.
With premium products, patient-friendly prices, and knowledgeable budtenders, you’ll feel the Remedy love.
Remedying Depression with Cannabis
As craft cannabis cultivators, our dedicated team commits to ensuring the Nevada cannabis community has access to quality products. Find a Remedy right for you so you can start on the path of healing.